By Florence Tamagne
Publication through Tamagne, Florence
Read or Download A History of Homosexuality in Europe: Berlin, London, Paris 1919-1939, Volume II PDF
Similar gay & lesbian books
Homosexual black males, a thriving tradition of the black and homosexual groups, are doubly marginalized. in addition to different black males, they're usually portrayed within the media and literature as ''street nook men''--unemployed drifters, absentee fathers, substance abusers. within the higher homosexual group, they're an invisible minority.
An research of Charlotte Perkins Gilman" transparent and established method of structure, panorama, and local layout.
This well timed and robust ebook seeks to fill the learning hole in operating with LGBTQQI consumers and their households. Thirty-two appealing case stories learn modern matters affecting those populations to aid scholars, training counselors, and different psychological health and wellbeing pros in overview, remedy making plans, and implementation.
This publication takes either transgender and intersex positions under consideration and asks approximately commonalities and strategic alliances by way of wisdom, concept, philosophy, artwork, and lifestyles adventure. It moves a stability among works on literature, movie, images, activities, legislation, and common concept, bringing jointly humanistic and social technological know-how ways.
- The Empire of Love: Toward a Theory of Intimacy, Genealogy, and Carnality
- Mama’s Boy: Momism and Homophobia in Postwar American Culture
- The lesbian menace: ideology, identity, and the representation of lesbian life
- The Politics of Passion
- The Fractured Community: Landscapes of Power and Gender in Rural Zambia (Perspectives on Southern Africa)
- Earning More and Getting Less
Additional resources for A History of Homosexuality in Europe: Berlin, London, Paris 1919-1939, Volume II
They all advise sleeping on one’s side, as sleeping on one’s back facilitates nocturnal emissions and sleeping on one’s stomach causes friction that leads to erections;63 the hands must be kept outside the bedclothes. 65 In Germany, the famous liberal Hirschfeld suggested moving the pockets to the back of the pants to avoid Onanism. The Alliance of Honour, a puritanical association, provides a list of the harm that will befall the child who gives in to this vice: — Touching your body, or even just having dirty thoughts, sets off a nervous shock which is spread throughout the body, brain included.
54. 88. 130. 89. 176. 90. P. 177. 37 A History of Homosexuality in Europe Vol. II family difficulties stemming from the war, the economic crisis and the feminist movements, psychoanalysis, the proponents of sexual liberation and those who were exploring homosexuality — especially Hans Blüher, who contributed to popularizing the notion of adolescent homosexuality as a positive force — were constantly under fire. Unlike in England and France, the criticism was aimed at and the responsibility was shared by the younger generation and the society as a whole.
H. Shoosmith, The Torch of Life, First Steps in Sex-Knowledge (1935) and That Youth May Know (1935), are good examples. The first comprises twenty 61. Friedrich Niebergall, Sexuelle Aufklärung der Jugend: ihr Recht, ihre Wege und Grenze, Heidelberg, Evangelischer Verlag, 1922, 25 pages. 31 A History of Homosexuality in Europe Vol. II chapters, nineteen of which discuss flowers and animals and the final one touching very briefly on human sexuality. The second consists of four chapters; the first two are devoted to plants and animals, the third to “Puberty and Adolescence,” and the fourth to a sermon!
A History of Homosexuality in Europe: Berlin, London, Paris 1919-1939, Volume II by Florence Tamagne